Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, New beginnings.

I hope you all had a fun and meaningful New Years! Whether you spent it with friends, family, or strangers I hope you had a good time, reflected on the last year, and set goals for the new year.

~New Years Eve~
I spent the evening at some friends house and we had a great time! The evening was filled with games, food, conversation, laughter, and randomness! First there was a jumpy slide. I guess I never did go down it.... but it was alot of fun. Then we played volley ball which btw, I stink at! I did, however manage to get the ball over the net at least once. We also ate some yummy soup and snacks up in Jo's room. After our bellies were full, we played prisoners base. I was on Jo's team and I guess you could say we were losing?  Lastly, we played apples to apples with just the girls (getting the guys involved would have taken alot). We didn't get to stay till  midnight because mom didn't want us out driving that late. We drove through a thick fog on the way home, it was very eerie! Anyway, we rang in the New year altogether, sitting in the kitchen. It was very laid back, but a special moment in it's own way.

~New Years day~
We really didn't do any thing special, but it was a good day for me so I thought I would share. We went to church in the am, and then had a youth devotion meal afterwards. I left feeling very encouraged and rejuvenated. Then in the afternoon I went for a run in my new tennis shoes. I almost didn't want to go, because I didn't want to be the cliche' runner on new years day, but I'm glad I did because I felt so much better afterwards. I spent the rest of the afternoon taking down the Christmas tree. That was kinda depressing because when you take down the tree, that means the holidays are really over. Then we went to church that night. We were having our singing/prayer service and I left on a positive note thinking of all the things our church plans to accomplish this year.  To finish of the evening, we had  a "music" class with the family. Dad wants us to be able to read music and know about how notes, go together to form a song.

~Goals~
I don't really like having"resolutions" per say, but I do enjoy setting goals for myself. So for this year my goals are....
*Not to eat chocolate candies. (I am also going to continue last years goal of not  drinking soda).
* Get at least a 23 on my ACT
* Be more motivated to do school
*put more work into everything I do, because I'm doing it for the Lord.
* Be Healthier (Cut down on unhealthy foods, and be more active).
* Work on my relationships (friends, family, God, and church.).
* Make God in control of my life, and the first  priority.
Things are just some things I would like to accomplish this year. Hope you all have a very happy and productive 2012!

4 comments:

  1. It was a blast at the New Years eve party! And I went down the slide only because Rachel R. Made me....;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, can I have the link to your Pinterest account?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Ikr? Sure! http://pinterest.com/kedwards23/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tagged you on my blog, Katie!

      http://akhunter-fieldnotes.blogspot.com/2012/01/11-11-11-tag.html

      Delete